The ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST) is the premier international symposium for the presentation of new research results, systems and techniques among researchers and developers concerned with augmented, virtual and mixed reality (AR/VR/MR) software and technology. The VRST brings together the main international research groups working on AR/VR/MR, along with many of the world’s leading companies that provide or consume AR/VR systems. The VRST 2018 conference will be held in Tokyo, Japan, hosted by Waseda University, from Wednesday, Nov. 28th to Saturday, Dec. 1st, 2018. The event is sponsored by ACM SIGCHI and SIGGRAPH.
- 03 Dec 2018VRST 2018 Arards
- 28 Nov 2018It started !!
- 02 Nov 2018Updated Timetable.
- 22 Oct 2018Chheck the Indutory Sessions.
- 08 Oct 2018Early bird registration deadline is approaching! Please visit here.
- 01 Sep 2018Posters and demos submission deadline is extended to September 6, 2018, 23:59 PST.
- 30 Aug 2018Poster/Demo deadline is approaching! Submit your work via the submission system.
- 23 Jul 2018Updated Call for Papers (rev.14)
- 7 July 2018Registration is started. Choose category and REGISTER NOW!
- 19 June 2018The submission system is now open. The full/short paper deadline is August 15.
- 14 June 2018Updated Call for Papers (rev.13)
- 11 June 2018Updated Call for Papers (rev.12)
- 1 May 2018Support for Student Presentations The SIGCHI Student Travel Grant (SSTG) program is intended to enable students who lack other funding opportunities to attend SIGCHI-sponsored or co-sponsored conferences. This travel grant is intended to support students whose intention is to present at a SIGCHI-sponsored conference, not just attend.
The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2018 (23:59 PST)
Notification of results by May 15, 2018
Details can be found at: sigchi.org/conferences/funding/student-travel-grant
- Show only recent
We need your feedback!!
VRST 2018 Awards
SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 Tokyo Registration Discount
- How can I get a discount?
- All the participants who registered ONLINE for VRST are eligible to receive the 10% discount in SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 (SA18) registration.
- You can register for SA18 with a discount fee by entering the voucher code.
- Click on the following link to register SA18 with your Voucher Code: https://siggraph.e-reg.asia/
- You can find a text box for the voucher code when you choose a payment method (at the latter part of the registration).
- Terms and conditions
- The registrant’s name and email address must be the same with that of VRST when you register to SA18.
- Early registration savings end on October 26th, 2018.
- The code is valid only when you register ONLINE before 15:00 December 2nd, 2018 (UTC +9, Tokyo, Japan time). This code is invalid onsite.
The VRST2018 Reception
The VRST2018 Reception is scheduled to be held at "VR ZONE SHINJUKU" on November 28th.
VRST2018 PAPER Teaser Movie
VRST2018 DEMO Teaser Movie
- 15 Aug 2018Long/short paper deadline
- 01 Sep 2018Posters and demos submission deadline
- 25 Sep 2018Author notification for papers, posters and demos
- 01 Oct 2018Camera-ready papers, posters and demos due
- 28 Nov 2018Conference
Thursday, 29 November
"Discovering VR's Grammar: The Interplay of the Engineering and the Creative Processes"
Technical Director at Epic Games, Studio Head at Epic Games Seattle
Friday, 30 November
"Smart Systems Using High-speed Image Processing and Applications"
Dean and Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, the University of Tokyo
Saturday, 1 December
"Photorealistic Human Digitization and Rendering using Deep Learning"
CEO/Co-Founder of Pinscreen, assistant professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California
|Steering Committee Chair||
|Symposium General Chair||
|Demo & Poster Chairs|
|Local Arrangements Chair|
|Industry Liaison Chairs||
|International Liaison Chairs|
Program Committee Members
The Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan
The Society for Art and Science
IPSJ SIG on Computer Graphics and Visual Informatics
Technical Group on Media Experience and Virtual Environment, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
The Virtual Reality Society of Japan
Human Interface Society
The Japanese Society for Artifical Intelligence