The ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST) is the premier international symposium for the presentation of new research results, systems and techniques among researchers and developers concerned with augmented, virtual and mixed reality (AR/VR/MR) software and technology. The VRST brings together the main international research groups working on AR/VR/MR, along with many of the world’s leading companies that provide or consume AR/VR systems. The VRST 2018 conference will be held in Tokyo, Japan, hosted by Waseda University, from Wednesday, Nov. 28th to Saturday, Dec. 1st, 2018. The event is sponsored by ACM SIGCHI and SIGGRAPH.
- 01 Sep 2018Posters and demos submission deadline is extended to September 6, 2018, 23:59 PST.
- 30 Aug 2018Poster/Demo deadline is approaching! Submit your work via the submission system.
- 23 Jul 2018Updated Call for Papers (rev.14)
- 7 July 2018Registration is started. Choose category and REGISTER NOW!
- 19 June 2018The submission system is now open. The full/short paper deadline is August 15.
- 14 June 2018Updated Call for Papers (rev.13)
- 11 June 2018Updated Call for Papers (rev.12)
- 1 May 2018Support for Student Presentations The SIGCHI Student Travel Grant (SSTG) program is intended to enable students who lack other funding opportunities to attend SIGCHI-sponsored or co-sponsored conferences. This travel grant is intended to support students whose intention is to present at a SIGCHI-sponsored conference, not just attend.
The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2018 (23:59 PST)
Notification of results by May 15, 2018
Details can be found at: sigchi.org/conferences/funding/student-travel-grant
SIGGRAPH ASIA 2018 TOKYO
The VRST2018 Reception
The VRST2018 Reception is scheduled to be held at "VR ZONE SHINJUKU" on November 28th.
- 15 Aug 2018Long/short paper deadline
- 01 Sep 2018Posters and demos submission deadline
- 25 Sep 2018Author notification for papers, posters and demos
- 01 Oct 2018Camera-ready papers, posters and demos due
- 28 Nov 2018Conference
Thursday, 29 November
"Discovering VR's Grammar: The Interplay of the Engineering and the Creative Processes"
Technical Director at Epic Games, Studio Head at Epic Games Seattle
Friday, 30 November
"Smart Systems Using High-speed Image Processing and Applications"
Dean and Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, the University of Tokyo
Saturday, 1 December
"Photorealistic Human Digitization and Rendering using Deep Learning"
CEO/Co-Founder of Pinscreen, assistant professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California
|Steering Committee Chair||
|Symposium General Chair||
|Demo & Poster Chairs|
|Local Arrangements Chair|
|Industry Liaison Chairs||
|International Liaison Chairs|
Program Committee Members
The Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan
The Society for Art and Science
IPSJ SIG on Computer Graphics and Visual Informatics
Technical Group on Media Experience and Virtual Environment, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
The Virtual Reality Society of Japan
Human Interface Society
The Japanese Society for Artifical Intelligence